Just the sound of the word 'heirloom' brings on a warm snuggly, bespectacled grandmother knitting socks and baking pies kind of feeling.Here are my prized lantern moon knitting needles Ed gave me for Christmas.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Nothing but a knitting quote
I found another knitting quote. I'm reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. Interesting reading, but not as compelling as Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli, or The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Nevertheless, here is the quote:
The ebony needles are soft, warm and short. Sometimes I wish they were a little more pointy, like when I am doing a decrease, but otherwise they are very nice to knit with. I must have been a very good wife to deserve these - they are not inexpensive. Here is the history of Lantern Moon and why I don't feel too bad paying as much as Ed did for the needles - even though I know it is owned by a US company. I'm halfway down the leg of the second bossy sock. I keep it in the car so it won't distract me from the Muskrat Sweater. I work on it at red lights and while I'm waiting to pick up kids. Yes, I knit at red lights. Don't you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
Yes I do knit at red lights. There are 32 of them between my home and my office. Why waste that much time?
Post a Comment