Thursday, October 29, 2009

Finally some knitting content


When I used to go down to visit my grandparents on Sunday evenings, we always had cornflakes with sunflower seeds. It's still one of my favourite breakfasts. And would you believe it tastes even better when eaten on a beautifully knitted placemat?
I knit this little toque for a friend who just had a baby. I don't know why, but I had this idea to knit this toque in blue and cream, and wouldn't you know it, those are her old high school colours. But what a nightmare! The silly thing was like Jekyll and Hyde. One side was all happy but the other side looked like vomit. So I ripped it out (another nightmare given the wrapped threads) and now I have nothing to give her. Well, unless you count the adorable owl toque - I don't think I've posted about that yet...(I hope she lets me know if she has any owl aversions.  Might be fun for Halloween?)   And her poor baby has probably outgrown his newborn toque and needs something to keep his lil' head warm. What to do?


                       










                            Dr. Jekyll                                                                                       Mr. Hyde

And finally, I finished the Alpaca Scarf for my sister-in-law. Her birthday is in a few days, but since she doesn't actually read my blog, I feel pretty safe posting pics of it. It is feather-light and warm. I made an ear warmer because that scarf was just getting so long and I wanted to use up every bit of the wooly goodness. I hope she enjoys it. It will be a great colour on her.


5 comments:

Bea said...

Cute scarf earwarmer combo. I wish I had good advice on the toque. Maybe knit each side separately and then seam? Or knit it in stripes? I'm working on an owl hat right now. Started yesterday, frogged halfway done until the ribbing at the base, reknitting today but haven't started yet.

Amber said...

I love the toque! You should have just done a decorative stitch or added a ribbon so you would have to destroy all your hard work. I LOVED the one you made for Owen. He wore it every time we went out, which was often since I had to take Caden to School and pick him up and Chloe was in preschool. Good Luck with your projects!

Carla McDaniel said...

love the red scarf...gorgeous!!!

Nancy said...

haha, I had to read your blog today b/c you said something. I probably would have never known it was for my baby though. I still thinks it looks great. I don't judge craftiness b/c I don't got any. You are so sweet and you shouldn't be embarrased at all.

Nancy said...

PS- as if you wrecked that cute toque...silly girl.