Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hangin's too good for 'em

Howdy pardner,
Y'know, back in the olden days, a man without a horse was a man what was walkin' close to death.  Yer pony was yer life, pretty much.  And that's why horse thieves was thought pretty low down folks.  No better'n a skunk.  Yup, you find you a horse thief, and you string him up the nearest tree with a wee bit 'o rope.  Well, near as I can see it nowadays, the closest thing I can think of to a horse thief would be a shovel thief.  Now it's bin snowin' a heap bunch the last couple days, but we bin gettin' by with our trusty ole shovel.  But last night she went a-missin'.  She done gone A-wol.  C'ain't find her but nowhere.  So's I been shovellin' with my useless piece of a backup shovel and I'm mad as a wet hornet that my trusty rusty shovel's missin.  I'll be on the lookout fer it, and fer a wee bit 'o rope and a tall, tall tree.  And if the sun would shine a bit, that would make things a whole lot easier too.  Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Rita said...

It's probably under the snowdrifts!! To rub it in, here it was a balmy 18 degrees (Celsius) today. My family says that YOUR weather is even supposed to be better than that by Saturday, though. Hang on. You'll find your shovel just after you no longer need it!