To summer:
Were you really real,
Or did I just imagine you?
A wrinkle in the last 365 days.
Though Winter crowds you constantly,
I cherish your fleeting presence
Like the glimpse of an endangered animal.
Ok, so I'm not a poet, but I hope you enjoy the pics anyway.
Sometimes people want to know about the picture, so here is a brief description.
1. Basketball hoop holding snow in June snowstorm. No, that is not a typo. June!
2. The playhouse where I played house as a child.
3. Erica and Jasper on the pasture round-up.
4. My cousin's boots on branding day. Could be a poster shot for 101 uses for Duct Tape.
5/6. Ed's Aunt's backyard pool in Brooks.
7/8. Daisies and Mountain Biking at Canada Olympic Park.
9. Dandelions.
10. Let's just call it "Contemplation".
11. The old milking barn.
12. Kayaking at Dusk
13. funnel cloud over Calgary(?)
14. Perfect form in a four year old diver
15. A charcoal sketch by Erica, "Cattle Drive"
















3 comments:
I love the poems and the pictures as well - well except for the dandylions.
Beautiful pictures and the poem was wonderful!
Looks like are actually seeing Autumn in October. Its so weird. Usually its still over 100 on Halloween and it might actually be only in the 60s this year. (My brain is not awake enough to convert so excuse the Fahrenheit.)
Excellent images of a fun summer by the way!
Post a Comment