Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Crazy Piece of Knitting Genius


Remember the Jekyll and Hyde hat?  That went for a dip in the frog pond?  Well, it has been reincarnated as a Norwegian Star Snowboarder toque for my friend's baby.  I'm not sure how much snowboarding he'll be doing, but he'll be doing it in STYLE with this fashion statement.  I love it and am very proud of this piece of beautiful knitting.  I showed it to one (non-knitting) friend and she said, "Hey, that's pretty good."  Pretty good?  Whatever, it's a Crazy Piece of Knitting Genius.

9 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

love what the jekyll and hyde one came back as. it is truly stylin' :)

teamZ said...

That is gorgeous!

Harmony said...

I'm a non-knitter too, but I think it's beautiful! Tell your underwhelmed non-knitting friend to find something as nice in a store (if she can) and check out how much she'd have to pay for it. Not a little, I'm sure.

Amber said...

That is so cute. I love it. Someday you will have to teach me how you do all this fabulous work.

Rita said...

I'm with ya...GENIUS!

Bea said...

I like this a lot better then Jekyll and Hyde. Very cute.

Paula said...

That is beautiful kntitting, Jac. Love it

Nancy said...

Bronson looks so stinkin cute in it. I should count the comments I have had on the toque already. He has worn it a number of times and I would say he averages about 6 comments by strangers each time. I would say that is darn good considering he is covered most of the time or asleep. Most thoughtful gift I have every been given. Thanks so much...I feel so lucky.

stewbert said...

that is gorgeous! i'm a new knitter but have crocheted for years. my knitting skilz are nowhere near awesome enough to make such a gorgeous hat. Guess I'll have to drag out my wool and go practice some more. squeeee!