Monday, January 18, 2010

Double chocolate

In keeping with the ice cream trend, I'd like to introduce you to Double Chocolate, (I call it my DC bag for short).  While it is very hard to photograph, just imagine a rich brown handbag with simple cables going up the sides and growing into handles.  A very well-designed pattern (thank you Amanda from Knitting in My Backyard) knit out of Patons Classic Wool.  On the left it is pre-"pelted" and on the right it has had a vigorous encounter with the washing machine to produce a dense fabric.  I knit most of this in our post-Christmas travels.  In fact I knit 400 metres of wool while Ed drove 400 miles (640 km).  Hmmm, that works out to roughly a mile/metre.  That's fun to think about. 
Anyway, I love it and my money has never been so warm.



Thanks to the lovely Erica for modelling it for me.

7 comments:

Dana said...

I absolutely love this Jacqueline. You amaze me. I would pay well for one you know!!!

Paula said...

I love it too. You should start up a business.

Tara said...

Your handbag is gorgeous!

Bea said...

Really cute. I love how subtle the cable is once its felted.

Kat said...

super cute! I would totally buy one:)

Carla McDaniel said...

That bag is gorgeous!!!! You are so talented :)

Neener said...

It is lovely. And the model is beautiful as well.