Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Global Warming

I heard on the radio this morning that it is cold everywhere in the world right now.  I checked on Florida and the historic average temperature is 63 F (17 C).  Today in Florida it is only 55 F (12 C).  In London, England the fountains at Trafalgar Square are frozen and the elderly and vulnerable in London are receiving a subsidy from the government to help cover their heating bills.  (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/jan/07/freezing-weather-britain )  I guess that's why I thought this pic Paulette sent me was so funny.  The caption was:
 "Hundreds Gather in Protest Against Global Warming".


4 comments:

Kat said...

That is great!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that is wicked funny!

Harmony said...

Cute! I'm thinking the orange growers in Florida aren't believing in global warming right now.

Bea said...

Love it. Harmony is right about the orange growers, but I read that they weren't overly worried about the cold at this point either.