Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Unusual knitting trends

I'm noticing a trend in my knitting. Once again my knitting has adopted an ice cream flavour.  For sure I love ice cream, (I used to work in an ice cream store), but ice cream seems to influence my colour choices... Let me illustrate.

In the beginning, there were the Blueberry Cheesecake socks,  

then there was the Spumoni hand towel, 













and now I'm making toques in the very colours of Neapolitan ice cream! 

Did you know that Neapolitan ice cream is America's version of Spumoni?  Apparently American's didn't care for the cherry/chocolate/pistachio combo, so they inserted their own 3 favourites and retained the name. (http://www.bestofsicily.com/food.htm#s) scroll down to "spumoni"


Chocolate, anyone?  Tune in later this week...

2 comments:

Sue-anne said...

Great job on lengthening Taylor's legwarmers! They fit her great. She wasn't sure how they would look added on to, but you can't even tell that they were.
Thanks.

Bea said...

Interesting trend. I'm an American that prefers the traditional flavors...