Saturday, February 21, 2009

Commission knitting

So a friend of mine was looking for some legwarmers for her daughter and I offered to knit her some. We found this cute pattern and the designer graciously downsized it for a little girl. Well, they turned out absolutely adorable. Being of "legwarmer vintage" myself (mine were pale pink and my best friend's were fair isle cream, turquoise and purple), this project was nostalgic for me.
Did you wear legwarmers when you were a kid, or do you just wish you did?
My talented photgrapher friend took a pic so you all can see the knitting genius.
At Knitwits (my kniting group) the other night I wove in the ends of two pair of socks (the Bossy and the Sproing's) that I finished, but didn't finish. They are now blocking.

It is amazing to me what lace does when you block it.

If only a simple soaking would induce the same obedient qualities in my children. *Sigh*.

9 comments:

Bea said...

No legwarmers even as a kid in dance classes but now I think I'm falling in love with them. Ever since that pair I knit last fall I keep finding awesome patterns for legwarmers. This is another good example.

Rita said...

My legs were too fat waaaaay back then for the legwarmers fad. A few decades hasn't made them any more attractive :( but those are
D-A-R-L-I-N-G!!! You are crazy talented!

Side note...The funeral home in Cardston is putting on a 1/2 marathon in May...You're a running girl. What do you think? Quincey and I are planning a girls-only trip up just for the event!
http://legacycardston.com/index.php?bShow=&cat=1

Lynette said...

Those leg warmers are HOT!!! So cute!!!

And whatever Rita...they would have been cute on you then and NOW!!! You hot girl!!!

Jac...you are way to talented!!! I think my girly would be very envious of your snazzy leg warmers!!! You go girl!!!

Granny said...

Well I wasn't lucky enough for leg-warmers. We wore long brown stockings held up with garters on a garter belt. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

My girls all bought legwarmers this year BUT yours are so much cuter. MY 12 year old Cassidy really wanted them but it is my 9 and 8 year old who have actually dared venturing out of the house in them.
LOL!

Neener said...

Yours are so cute, my girls love them.. I should order some from you for my girls and trade them for vinyl... what do ya think?

LordStanley said...

what's with the knitting ... grandma?

Carla McDaniel said...

i TOTALLY loved legwarmers. i wore them and would probably still. and i am not ashamed to say so. those ones you knit are so cute!!! love them.

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored to be the lucky recipient of those darling leg warmers. If only my daughter knew how lucky she was. Thanks again, they are exactly what I was hoping for. I'll be looking to return the favor this spring!