Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Things that make you go "hmmm"

It must be a full moon or something. Here are three actual conversations - I'm not kidding - that I heard yesterday.

On talk radio discussion of side effects of mis-diagnosis of cancer, "they could die or even be killed." (yeah, cause being killed is one step worse than dying.)

In the car (Miranda was sharing the last of her Hickory Sticks with Lincoln)
Miranda: Lincoln you can have the rest.
Lincoln: OK, thanks. (proceeds to eat them all.)
Miranda: wailing, I said you could eat the rest, not the whole rest!

In the grocery store, upon remarking to the clerk that they don't sell cigarettes anymore at customer service (boy it looks clean and empty up there.)
Me: So have there been any irate customers?
Checker: Not irate, but we have had some really angry people in here.

Hmmm... Hmmm.... Hmmm.

4 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

okay...way toooooooo funny jaquie. i laughed so hard. thanks for getting my day going on a good note. especially the one with Miranda and Lincoln. Loved it! have a great day

Debbi said...

HAHAHAH. that's awesome.

Anonymous said...

ROFLMBO!!! So funny!

Bea said...

hmmm is right. I'm particularly fond of that conversation between Lincoln and Miranda.