Monday, February 01, 2010

Lake Louise

One of my favourite places on the earth is Lake Louise.  The day we skiied there was also the ice carving competition.  We had a wonderful day, although I am now officially the slowest skiier in my family.  Miranda skiied the entire day with us - no more bunny hills for her -  and left me in the dust.  It was awesome.

I love me a good shadow pic.  Guess which one is the single who caught a ride up with us?

Ice Castle with the Chateau Lake Louise in the background.

                                              Olympic rings in ice.

Anyone for the Ice Cafe?

How about an ice bobsled ride?

If you've never been to Lake Louise, I hope you can someday feel the magic there. 

6 comments:

Bea said...

This looks like lots of fun.

mskaz said...

Oh that looked awesome! Cracking up on the shadow picture. I haven't been up there for the ice carving for so long! We need to go next year.

Harmony said...

Wish I'd gotten to Lake Louise when I was there a couple years ago, but the mountains in Alberta are still one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited.

Beth said...

That looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait till all my kids ski with me!

Dana said...

Fantastic pictures Jacqueline! Winter is cold, but there are still fun things to do!!!
Cute baby touques too.

Dorienne said...

I love the picture of your shadows on the chair lift. The family that skies together, stays together! My family is screwed then! But hey, we do skate together!