1. The kids were all sick all week.
2. The guitar/violin teachers charge us for lessons whether it is Spring Break or not.
3. We have our big trip to China planned. (Ahhhh!)
We did manage to go skiing at Lake Louise, even though Bentley and Lincoln were still not 100%.
Bentley built a quinzhee in the back yard, but then was too sick to sleep in it.
We made homemade ice cream.
We went to Bolt and Race to Witch Mountain. Both good shows. I also shopped a bit for my rubber boots, but couldn't find any except for some black and white checkered ones at Wal-mart. (Didn't buy them) Other than that, the kids watched too much t.v. and I fixed my mittens. The cream doesn't match perfectly, but I am way happier with them. It was actually fun to chop the end off, unravel the nasty acrylic, and reknit the top with good wool. (Patons Classic Wool is one of my favourites.) I felted them and they are a perfect fit now, as well as being very warm, thick and soft.
Now we're back at it, planning for China, packing for China, and worrying about China. My two biggest concerns are: What knitting to take? and How to entertain 5 kids on a plane for 11 hours? If you have any suggestions on how to take five semi-well-behaved children halfway around the world, send them my way.














7 comments:
I'm sorry you've had sick kids! That's never fun. I'd be worried about an 11 hour flight for myself let alone 5 kids. I'd get lots of movies, gameboys,PSP's, books, and sleeping drugs!
I can't believe you think you didn't do anything for Spring Break. That would be considered a week of fun for my kids. Today, I declared it a "sick day" and told all the girls to stay in their jammies. We are having a fun Spring Break!
sure was a surprise to see you this weekend... who would have thought I'd run into a friend in there...hahaha. Have a great week.
Hey I am with Beth on the sleeping drugs....When do you leave?
Have fun!
Whew. I got tired just reading about your Spring Break. You are one energetic mamma!! Don't any of your kids knit?? You could get some serious child production/labor goin' there!
Books, portable game device, earplugs (for you), portable movies? Knitting???
I love spring break with snow don't you?
Post a Comment