You all know how much I like to knit (euphemistically speaking). And you may know how much I look forward to my monthly knit night. So tonight, when I had 3 kids throwing up in perfectly timed synchronicity, I knew I had to sacrifice my knit night in order to care for them. Or at least in order to do all the laundry that has miraculously appeared. (Thanks C. for loaning me some laundry detergent when I ran out!) Although it shouldn't be a tough decision, it was, because I really only get out two nights a month (knitting and book club). But there you go, proof I love my kids more than my knitting. And that's saying a lot.
Sabotage: n; deliberate subversion or obstructive action
Then, my evil alter-ego introduced the nagging thought that my husband just happening to get tickets to the Flames game tonight (through work) - the very night when the kids just happened to throw up 20 times between the three of them - was pretty slick. Maybe he and the kids planned the whole hockey/sickness thing to prevent me from spending 2 glorious child-free hours knitting those adorable denim leg warmers. Nah, he actually supports my
I hope he has fun at the game.
And I hope my kids feel better soon.
And I hope they all go to bed early














3 comments:
I understand!
Amen. I hope you little honeys are better and that you got a fix or two after then.
I'm sorry you missed out on your knit night and can totally understand your feelings. Hope they get well soon.
Post a Comment