Some people are getting very excited for Spring. If you know my sister Paula, you know she has green thumbs. She loves growing things and starts her tomatoes in February. So for my St. Patrick's Day tribute I am toasting my sister Paula.
Paula, may all your green plants bear red fruit. Here's a spring award to post on your blog.
Not the most eloquent toast, but I, unlike 1 in 6 Americans, do not come from Irish blood. (Plus I'm Canadian by birth, although I do have American citizenship) So no "gift of gab" here. I do like this quote from Adrienne Cook.
Not the most eloquent toast, but I, unlike 1 in 6 Americans, do not come from Irish blood. (Plus I'm Canadian by birth, although I do have American citizenship) So no "gift of gab" here. I do like this quote from Adrienne Cook."St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter'sThat's my sister's little indoor garden. Winter's dreams turning into Summer's magic. I personally don't think Spring is as close as other people since this is what it looked like out my window last night.
dreams into summer's magic."
What else do I know about St. Patrick's Day/Ireland? One of my favourite books is Scarlet by Alexandra Ripley which is the sequel to Gone with the Wind but written by a different author. I've also read Isolde by Rosalind Miles. I also know that knitting shops in Ireland are not proportional to the number of sheep in Ireland. Still, 15 shops in a country half the size of Arkansas can't be too bad. There are only 7 in Arkansas itself. I also know that Aran sweaters originated in Ireland. Well, I'm off to knit something. Probably not something green, probably not an Aran sweater, but I could pretend.














3 comments:
I love your interesting topics on your blog...they are fun to read.
I feel so famous being mentioned on your blog! Thanks for the award. If there is any award I would like, it would be the spring one (not that I knew there was one...)! Thanks!
and how do you propose that I post this on my blog? I am not good at that stuff! Sorry your kids are sick, and that you missed your knitting night. I am not going to Vball cause I am still sick also. Why did you change your blog header?
Post a Comment