One of my favourite radio voices is that of Paul Harvey. I listened to him as a kid on CJOC 1220 and I still listen to him on 770 CHQR. In high school, I rode the bus a half hour to town, and I remember being so ticked when I'd hear "In a minute, you're gonna hear... the rest of the story" just as the bus pulled up at the school.
So he died on Saturday surrounded by his family at the age of 90. I liked this blogger's tribute. 'Cause I like Norman Rockwell too. A true legend has passed on.
Monday, March 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














4 comments:
Oh no! I hadn't heard this. I remember listening to him as a kid/teenager too.
Nobody tells a story like he did anymore.
were you on my bus? Denver was the most awesome driver..I really realized it after a short stint on Bart and Royces bus...Man I loved Paul Harvey too.
Your awesome....
How much do you charge for those gorgeous leg warmers? My girls Love them...I am a lamo when it comes to all things craft!
I totally remember hearing Paul Harvey. Can you imagine someone, anyone whose material could appeal to teen, parent, and grandparent at the same time? I remember getting choked up at many of the spotlights he gave. I loved the blogger's short tribute you posted. I hadn't considered the stories about doing right or being a hero although that is definitely what the draw was. Lovely.
Post a Comment