Saturday, March 07, 2009

My favourite things...

I can't stop singing this song I heard on my friend's blog. (Thanks Harmony!) I also can't stop thinking about what other things are my favourite, besides the ones in the song. (bedtime, naptime and ice cream...)


First of all, I love how Canadians spell "favourite".
Of course, one of my other favourite things (or 5 favourite things) is/are my kids, especially when they're asleep, like the song says, but also when they play "Drive-through" in the basement for 2 hours with the little kitchen set. Peacefully.

While they exhaust me and drive me crazy and wear me out and prevent me from knitting, I do love them and I am mostly happy to do things for them and with them. Although , this science project of Erica's may be the death of me; time will tell...

There is another favourite thing I have been loving more and more each day. For Christmas one of my little nursery kids gave me this: I love it. I read a quote every day, sometimes several times a day. It is definitely my favourite Christmas present. And I'll use it all year long. Anyone who is making their lists for next Christmas should make a note (Ed, are you listening?) for next year. It's also conveniently available on Christmas Eve when you do your shopping for those you love the most.
This is my newest favourite sweater that I want to knit.

The Twisted-V Pullover by Alice Halbeisen features flattering triangles. And I love triangles. The picture isn't the greatest, but trust me, it is gorgeous. Too bad I don't have the stamina for sweaters.

One last favourite thing before I sign off (Daylight Savings Time tells me it is 1 a.m. right now) is my favourite place to go to in the mountains. Lake Louise.
If you've never been, you should go.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

You're welcome. I can't stop singing it either!

I still wish we'd made it to Lake Louise when we were in Calgary, but someone told us it was "too touristy" so we skipped it. Guess we'll just have to come again sometime.

Beth said...

that was great! I'd have to insert something chocolate instead of ice cream, but other than that, completely agree! Have fun doing nothing today!

Paula said...

I just love that video-how do I get it on my blog - if it's OK with you?