You don't know what it's costing me to reveal all these skeletons in my closet. Each one represents a failure. A huge knitting failure. And I take my knitting very seriously. If there is a technique I don't know/understand, I research it and try again and again until I get it. A regular little blue engine. So these UFO's are proof that I'm just not as good as
I thought I was or as good as you thought I was or as good as I want to be.
Nevertheless, you already knew I wasn't perfect so what do I have to be afraid of?
A few years ago, my mom knit this cute little sweater and I
crazily kindly volunteered to finish it.

Well, there wasn't enough yarn to finish it, so it sat and sat with the poor neglected afghans in the closet until the Summer of Clear the Needles. Ok, until I cleaned the closet and Guilt forced me to finish the sweater I told my mom I'd finish. In the meantime, the wool was discontinued and I couldn't find it anywhere, but then I found someone on Ravlery (facebook for knitters) and she sent me the yarn all the way from NYC! All that's left is the right buttonband, the collar, and the side seams.
And weaving in like 4000 yarn ends.
Just shoot me now.
6 comments:
But then it will be done and you'll be happy and really I mean having a sweater finished for so little work is a good thing :)
How many more skeletons do you have? Why did you finally decide to clean your knitting projects. I should clean my closets. YIKES!
All of this finishing of left-over projects makes me giddy. I am having an empathic euphoria for the relief you are going to feel in finishing. Listen, the products that remain when you wrap things up will be soooo worth it...not like finishing the laundry or the bathrooms or dinner or...or...or...
I don't know about this cleaning out the closets project you have. It might catch on and people will expect me to jump on the band wagon. LOL Ya, that's going to happen! LOL
All I have to say is that you should write a book or something. You have a way with writing and words and creativity that is actually very amazing.
I am still amazed by the knitting thing, since I knew you when your obsessions of choice were boys and French. :-)
Post a Comment