Friday, July 10, 2009

River Rats


The 3 youngest kids, along with my nephews, nieces, sister, and mother went white-water rafting down the St. Mary's River the other day. We had so much fun, but the water was so cold. Even though the guide told us the snow pack hasn't even begun to melt yet. I'm not sure Miranda believed him when she jumped in at a slow spot. Took her very breath away. I highly recommend this to anyone who finds themselves with a few hours and nothing to do. As long as you're in the area.

6 comments:

Debbi said...

I second that recommendation. It's a great way to spend time!!

Bea said...

Oh I love rafting! Or tubing which I did a lot of in college in central Texas. Fun fun fun!

Kat said...

So glad to see you guys went! we go next weekend.

Anonymous said...

Was it fun? I've always thought rafting the St. Mary would be..well...lame? But if you had a good time I may have to add this to my to-do list for the summer.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have tubed it numerous times in my youth. Those rafts look awesome though!