For the same reasons I hate afghans, I also love them. They are a big, warm compilation of time, talent, and perseverance. Which is why I fell in love with another afghan pattern and cast on this one as soon as I found out that I was pregnant with Miranda. Not one to miss out on repeating my mistakes, I doubled the number of cast on stitches. It is quite depressing to think that if I hadn't done that, I would be done this project by now. I would also have an afghan that would cover a baby the size of a small kitten! Anyway, I love this nautical afghan, but I haven't taken a stitch on it for years. (Miranda is 4). It has been hanging out in the same closet as the other skeleton afghan, so here's a pic of all my unfinished talent. It is knit out of a beautiful soft cotton and would be an attractive throw for the couch or the bed - if someone was inclined to finish it. Any takers???
Monday, July 06, 2009
Another skeleton
For the same reasons I hate afghans, I also love them. They are a big, warm compilation of time, talent, and perseverance. Which is why I fell in love with another afghan pattern and cast on this one as soon as I found out that I was pregnant with Miranda. Not one to miss out on repeating my mistakes, I doubled the number of cast on stitches. It is quite depressing to think that if I hadn't done that, I would be done this project by now. I would also have an afghan that would cover a baby the size of a small kitten! Anyway, I love this nautical afghan, but I haven't taken a stitch on it for years. (Miranda is 4). It has been hanging out in the same closet as the other skeleton afghan, so here's a pic of all my unfinished talent. It is knit out of a beautiful soft cotton and would be an attractive throw for the couch or the bed - if someone was inclined to finish it. Any takers???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
I take it that means you aren't inclined to finish it. Why would it be bad to just finish the row you are on and finish another that has nautical stuff in every box and then call it done?
Post a Comment