
A while ago, (like last winter - which may sound like a long time ago, but remember we had snow last month so...), I saw a guy walking out of Safeway with a toque on. There was a logo knitted into the toque. I got this idea that it would be fun to knit toques with my children's names on them. Bentley volunteered his name to be the first one knitted. So I picked out some boy colours, charted his name on graph paper and cast on for a toque. After about 7 rows, I came to the name part and put it away. Too much concentration. Too much two-handed knitting. Too much planning and plotting and writing down what I'm doing so I can replicate it. (Don't get any ideas people.) The poor thing ended up in the skeleton pile, until I took it to Portland with me. Once it was finished, I made him model it in the fog at Seaside. He loves it - and he needed it in that cold fog that invaded the beach the day we were there. Brrrr.

it
3 comments:
very cool! love it:)
Extremely cute idea! I don't know how you come up with them but you sure are talented!
Awesome!
Never been to Portland. I hope it was a fun trip.
Post a Comment