Sunday, July 26, 2009

Going for Mother of the Year


A few flower pics just for you Jen! The wildflowers are just gorgeous this year.

A few weeks ago, the boys and I went camping in Waterton. After kicking a few local residents out of our camping space, we I set up the tent in gale force winds and prepared for snow. Surely I'll be nominated for Mother of the Year after camping in such conditions. We had tinfoil dinners, chopped wood, played pyromania, swung in the hammock, rode the surrey bikes, went to Up! in the antique theatre, climbed trees, tried to synchronize swings at the park and stayed awake all night listening to the wind/rain while waiting for the tent to blow down, which it never did. The boys were ready to go home after 3 days, but I could have stayed there forever.

We hiked Bear's Hump and no one managed to fall off.
I have many fond memories of working/playing in Waterton while I was growing up.
It will always be one of my most favourite places on earth.

6 comments:

Bea said...

The camping looks fun even though the boys don't look like they are having much fun.

Cyndi said...

I would definately nominate you for mother of the year after doing all that set up in the wind AND the tinfoil dinners!

Debbi said...

Nice campspot!!!!

I love Waterton too.

Harmony said...

I've wanted to visit Waterton for all the time I've known you. I made it to Calgary, but I've obviously not seen the best of Alberta yet. Guess I'll have to plan another trip. :-) I'd vote for you for Mother of the Year!

Rita said...

WINNER! You are great. I hope there was some Big Scoop ice cream in the agenda too :)

Neener said...

You are the winner! In fact I love Waterton because of you. We have been there twice now, 2 yrs ago and just recently 2wks ago. Just loved it, unfortunatly for us the weather prohibited us for doing much hiking due to the rain but we did as much as we could on the Sunday we were there.

I was hoping I would run into you guys.