Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mass production




See what fun I've been having with stripes, polka dots and plaid? Erica is going on Pioneer Trek this summer and needs a bonnet and an apron and 2 pioneer-style dresses.
Notice I said "a bonnet".
Notice I've made 3! (And for those interested, the polka dots bonnet has plaid on the inside and the plaid bonnet has polka dots on the inside. They do indeed go together. You can just barely see it in these cropped bits.) I will now interpret my dream. I was all stressed out thinking I needed to make these aprons, rushed out, bought cute fabric, cut, sewed, unpicked, resewed and have 3 adorable bonnets. Realization. Only need one. Never, ever gonna need 3. Yup, I'm pretty sure that's what the dream was all about. somehow. In a way. Kindof? Ok, it's a bit of a stretch, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anybody need a bonnet?

6 comments:

Harmony said...

Hang on to those cute bonnets! You only need one now, but you never know when you or one of your girls will need to dress up like a pioneer again--Primary, Young Women's, Halloween....

Rita said...

They are the cutest bonnets ever and since practice makes perfect, you are now a bonnet sewing pro!...not that you were after that title...oh, well.

Anonymous said...

What cute bonnets! She'll be the best dressed pioneer on the trek! Remember our trek? (shivers)

teamZ said...

Why couldn't this happen a month earlier? I have a bonnet now. I have Trek on the 24th-27th. No chickens will die on my trek (unlike Sue-anne's)

Bea said...

I don't need a bonnet but they are very cute!

Paula said...

You've been blogging away! Have you ever heard the song, "polka dots, checks, and strips? Yikes!" My kids love it, it is probably their favorite song. When you typed stripes, polka dots, and plaid, it just didn't work for me. Sheesh, do your research first eh?! just kiddin