Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Random Wednesday

Talk about crazy busy. Here are a few random things that have been going on.
Miranda and I went to the zoo the other day. She wanted to take the train. It was June 1st, but it could have been November 1st. brrrr. The giraffes were gigantic,

the hippos were huge,

the peacocks were pompous,

and the koalas were captivating.

But what caught my eye was the Wheelchair Field trip. It seems that several (and by that I mean many) wheelchair patients had decided to come to the zoo. I have never seen so many brightly coloured afghans in one place. I tried to get a pic, but it was hard to do inconspicuously. All I could think about all day was knitting an afghan.


At one point Miranda was almost attacked by this rabid goose. (The goose wanted her ice cream cone.) Badly. That was as close as she would go for the picture.
My favourite animal of the day was the Zebra. Gotta love those stripes!

Here is a piece of Monet artwork by Austen.

And finally, Merry Christmas everyone from my Confused Cactus.

5 comments:

Bea said...

I love the zoo. The afghan parade is awesome.

teamZ said...

I read a litte comment at the back of the Ensign about knitting and thought of you!

Neener said...

I love the hippo photo and the koala. Oh and the peacock. So good. ANd by the way my xmas cactus just finished blooming as well. It did bloom at xmas too.

Carla McDaniel said...

your cactus does seem to be confused.
the peacock is my fav.

Paula said...

we've been meaning to go to the zoo too...it's kinda hard with kindergarten and every saturday seems to be eaten up with stuff already. did you buy a pass? anya has been whining to go to your house all day.